Take a look at the map to see where Academic Ambassadors has member hotels (see full list below). These are places where I have pre-negotiated discounted rates; they are also terrific hotels in great locations (I've vetted each one personally). In determining which hotel to choose in a given market, I looked at value, location and amenities. While these hotels may not be the cheapest in town, they are now bargains for their level of service.
For work and pleasure, these hotels have handsome and private places to hold meetings, dining facilities, and, in many cases, gyms. They are also very near city attractions (other restaurants, movie theaters, etc.). After a long day on the road, it's important that we have a safe and pleasant home-away-from-home; it's also important to have access to the fun stuff after hours.
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
Also, just added: a waterfront hotel in Oakland's Jack London Square called…the Waterfront Hotel!
New York City
A very smart quartet, indeed. The City Club Hotel is a charming refuge with sublime styling and service. The Theater District's Muse is, well, theatrical. Further downtown, The Roger stunningly combines color and grace. And, on the Upper West Side, NYLO has emerged as a destination with fine dining and lush comfort.
- City Club Hotel – Midtown East
- The Roger – Murray Hill
- The Muse – Times Square
- NYLO – Upper West Side (now at 15% off its Best Available Rate!)
Need conference space in NYC for a reception/meeting (catered or not)?
Contact me—I have an idea.
When you've found a match, you may want to take a virtual tour of the place. A link to the hotel's own site will give you a good idea of what the hotel is like, where it's located and what services are available to guests.
If you want to take advantage of the discount, the only thing left to do is to call the hotel directly or click through to make a reservation (your travel agent is not eligible for the reduced rates). Just make sure that you, or the person in your office who handles your travel arrangements, tell the hotel's reservation desk that you are an ACADEMIC AMBASSADOR! That's it.
Full List of Member Hotels
- FireSky Resort & Spa – Scottsdale
- Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive – LA (Beverly Hills)
- The Hotel Wilshire – LA (Miracle Mile)
- The Georgian Hotel – LA (Santa Monica)
- Hotel Palomar Los Angeles—Beverly Hills – LA (Westwood)
- The Waterfront Hotel – Oakland
- Miramonte Indian Wells – Palm Springs
- Hotel Solamar – San Diego
- The Marker – San Francisco
- The Buchanan – San Francisco
- The Sir Francis Drake – San Francisco
- Canary Hotel – Santa Barbara
District of Columbia
- Topaz Hotel – Washington, DC
- Hotel Palomar Washington DC – Washington, DC
- Donovan House – Washington, DC
- Hotel Madera – Washington, DC
- Hotel George – Washington, DC
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC – Washington, DC
- The Brice Hotel – Savannah
- Hotel Burnham – Chicago
- Hotel Allegro Chicago – Chicago
- Hotel Monaco Chicago – Chicago
- Hotel Palomar Chicago – Chicago
- International House – New Orleans
- Hotel Monaco Baltimore – Baltimore
- The Grand Hotel – Minneapolis
- Inn on the Alameda – Santa Fe
- The Kimpton Schofield – Cleveland
- Hotel Palomar Philadelphia – Philadelphia
- Hotel Monaco Philadelphia – Philadelphia
- Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh
- Hotel Lumen – Dallas
- Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City – Salt Lake City
- Hotel Vintage Park – Seattle
- Hotel Andra – Seattle
- Hotel Monaco Seattle – Seattle
- Alexis Hotel – Seattle
- Hotel Metro – Milwaukee